Report Code Violations

You must have the correct address for the property - if the property is vacant, you must have the correct address of the nearest house or business (e.x. lot beside of or in front of). You must tell us exactly what violations are present on the property. For ex: construction with no permits, tall grass and weeds or junk car.

  • It is not required for the complainant to submit a name, address or phone number in order to submit a complaint by phone, but it is required to submit a complaint using the online form.
  • The complaints are addressed in the order they are received. Please be patient as not all complaints can be brought into compliance quickly.
Land Use Services (Code Enforcement) is located in the Gaston County Administration offices at 128 W Main Ave on the first floor.

Contact Information:
Planning and Land Use Services
128 W Main Ave, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1578, Gastonia, NC 28053)
704.866.3195 (office)